Curly Crow is committed to helping kids learn to read!
"Our favorite place to find new books is the Library!"
Did you know September is Library Card Sign-Up Month. Dedicated to promoting library card sign-ups and encouraging people to access the resources and services offered by libraries. Frequent trips to the library offer a well-rounded educational experience, stimulate intellectual growth, and provide a supportive environment for kids to learn, explore, and connect with others.
All Curly Crow Books have a LCCN so if your local library does not have Curly Crow on the shelf, you can request they carry the Curly Crow Series.
Reading is an essential part of a child's development, and daily reading can have a profound impact on a child's academic and personal growth. Here are a few reasons why daily reading is so important for children:
- Improves language and literacy skills: Reading is one of the most effective ways to improve language and literacy skills. As children read, they are exposed to new vocabulary, grammar, and sentence structure, which helps to improve their language skills and comprehension.
- Increases knowledge and understanding: Reading also helps children to learn about the world around them. By reading about different cultures, places, and historical events, children can gain a deeper understanding of the world and the people in it.
- Enhances brain development: Reading stimulates the brain and helps to create new neural connections, which can lead to improved cognitive function and memory.
- Enhances emotional intelligence: Reading exposes children to different perspectives, emotions, and experiences, which helps to develop empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Encourages creativity and imagination: Reading allows children to escape into different worlds and experience new things. This can inspire children to use their imagination and creativity in new ways.
- Helps to develop life-long habits: Reading is a habit that can last a lifetime. By encouraging children to read every day, you are helping them to develop a habit that will serve them well throughout their lives.
Daily reading should be encouraged as it plays a crucial role in children's academic and personal growth. By making reading a daily habit, parents and caregivers can give children the tools they need to become lifelong learners and successful adults.